Monday, October 19, 2009

The Party

Here are the pics from Maibel's party. I am warning you now, there are a lot. I HAD to put them all on here because they were all so cute! Here is Mai standing next to the table, waiting on everyone to get here. She is SO excited! That big purple and pink thing on the table is the pinata. It is a nail polish bottle. It was a Barbie party so of course we had to have a Barbie cake (which ALWAYS reminds me of Sister M and my baptism). The cake was totally stressing me out so Melissa came and rescued me and finished it for me! What would I do without my sisters?
The pinata. It was SO funny!! We started with Ruthie and finished with Becca. Sweet Ruthie and Caleb went and barely touched the pinata and than it was Jaxon's turn. I told Brent to watch because I knew he was hit it HARD. He walked up and before Brent could even raise the pinata, he hit the crap out of it. It was so funny.
You can't really see Mai in this pic but oh well. Cesia was so funny. She was getting so mad at Brent because he kept moving it. LOL. Look at her face, she was so mad at him.
Inside the bags I put in the pinata, I gave all the kids stickers. We went inside and I started getting the cake ready to sing and when I turned around this is how I found Ruth.
Mai opening gifts. Clif had given her this little toe nail painting kit and she LOVED it. This was the look on her face when she opened it.

The Tent. We put all the kids in a tent in the living room. They watched Barbie and The Three Musketeers from inside the tent. They are so funny.
Saturday morning we had grits & cheese, and eggs and bacon. Than we went out front and played with bubbles.
For the past year Maibel has been asking for a "Build-a-Bear card". (gift card) We gave her one for her birthday and we went Monday night and did it. This is the bear she choose and its birth certificate. She named her bear Kari.

4 comments:

Kari said...

She is so gorgeous. I can't belive she's 5!

Melissa said...

The party was a blast! You are so brave to have all the kids. They of course were in heaven, I am still hearing how fun it was! Happy Birthday to Mai. I have to say Mom helped a lot with the cake too! What would we do without Barbies??

Sande said...

Wow, looks like a great party! What fun! Glad the Barbie cake turned out so pretty....(and it's high time we FORGET about the one related to your baptism, Em!) Maibel is so pretty, and I love her bear!

fran said...

very cute!