Thursday, July 23, 2009

engaged!




ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!
So this evening we were at my mom's house for dinner and when Brent got off work I told him to just meet us there(for those of you who aren't observant enough to realize what is going on with Brent and I, or for those of you that do not live in Utah, Brent and I have been dating and are working things out. ). My mom has Clif and Rose's 4 kids for a few days so I was over there kinda helping and getting free food. Anyway, so Brent came over and was eating. My mom said she was going up stairs to bath Sam but Brent told her to wait. Than he said "So, I lost my job today." My poor mother just starred and I, of course, told him he was full of it. and than he said, "alright, but" pulling a box out of his pocket, "but will you marry me?" SHOCK!!! It wasn't a shock that he asked, just a shock when he asked. I said yes. No plans set in stone at to the big day but we'll let ya'll know. I am so happy! Maibel is so happy! All she wants is for us to have more kids. Brent is truly an inspiration to me. He has worked so hard and come so far, how could you not love him for all he's done? I am so proud of him!! I love the gospel and for the miracle of repentance and forgiveness. We will have a wonderful life and eternity together and I am SO grateful to him for never giving up, even when he knew giving up was easier. I just wish my dad was here, but I know a part of him is. I could feel him in the room when Brent proposed. I love my family and would like to thank them for all the love and support they have given both Brent and I. And I also want to thank the Wrights for all the love they have given me and for all the support they continue to give Brent. We are truly blessed to have such families supporting us!








6 comments:

Liz Odle said...

CONGRATS Emma!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm glad you are finally going to live happily ever after!!!

suvi said...

Oh Emma! Congrats! I've been reading your blog and keep seeing mentions of Brent and pictures with him, and I was getting a little suspicious of what was going on. So I'm glad that what was going on was some courting! I'm so happy for all of you, and so proud of Brent too for coming such a long way. Hooray for the gospel and the opportunity to repent and that Brent can now reclaim those blessings of his beautiful family!
And, i know your father was rejoicing with you, parents just don't miss these kinds of events of eternal significance, no matter which side of the veil they are on.

thefairystarr said...

Congratulations Emma!!! I am very happy for you!!

The Adcocks said...

Holy $@#$! Seriously? Well, if you feel good about it, then CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a surprise! I guess I am one of the ones in Utah not smart or observant enough to know what is going on. Way to go BRENT!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Emma!! I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family!

Lyndi said...

Oh wow, congrats Em! I knew you guys were dating, but I didn't know this was coming so soon. I'm so happy for you!